The Dietitians at Changi Sports Medicine Centre (CSMC) provide one-on-one dietetic counselling, counselling as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the weight management programme, and also to those undergoing weight loss surgeries.
We believe that eating healthily does not mean that you have to starve or completely deprive yourself of your favourite food. Instead, we will help you to reduce your total calorie intake by analysing your current eating habits and identifying areas for improvement. Based on your individually prescribed calorie intake, we will create meal plans to help you achieve your total calorie target. At the same time, you will be equipped with essential dietary knowledge and skills to help you achieve a balanced diet. Your progress will be reviewed regularly and adjustments made based on your lifestyle to help you achieve your weight loss target.
Individual consultations may include:
- Knowledge on nutrition and healthy diets for weight loss and understanding energy balance
- Computer dietary analysis of your food intake, where you will be provided with the following dietary information:
- Average total calorie, carbohydrate, protein and fat intake
- Distribution of calories from carbohydrate, protein and fat
- Identification of nutrient deficiencies and excesses
- Guidance and provision of individualised meal plan to ensure adequate nutrient intake to assist with weight loss
- Specific dietary advice for co-morbidities if any in conjunction with weight management
- Healthy tips to assist with weight loss and weight maintenance